A virtual agent, also known as a chatbot or conversational agent, is a computer program that is designed to simulate conversation with human users, especially over the Internet. Virtual agents can be used in a variety of settings, including customer service, e-commerce, education, and entertainment. They are often used to provide information, answer questions, and perform tasks for users. Virtual agents can communicate with users through text, audio, or video, and they can be integrated into a number of platforms:
- mobile apps,
- messaging apps,
- voice assistants.
Main advantages of the ServiceNow Virtual Agent
There are several advantages to having a virtual agent for a company – here are our top 5:
- Cost savings: Virtual agents can handle a large volume of interactions, which can significantly reduce the cost of customer service.
- Increased efficiency: Virtual agents can operate 24/7, which means they can provide assistance to customers at any time. This can improve the efficiency of customer service operations.
- Improved customer experience: Virtual agents can provide quick and accurate responses to customer inquiries, which can improve the overall customer experience.
- Scalability: Virtual agents can handle a large volume of interactions, which makes it easier for companies to scale their customer service operations as needed.
- Data collection: Virtual agents can collect data on customer interactions, which can be used to improve products and services, as well as to optimise the performance of the virtual agent.
A key to the successful implementation
To succeed with a virtual agent from ServiceNow, there are a few key considerations:
- Clearly define the scope and goals of the virtual agent. It is important to have a clear understanding of what the virtual agent will be used for, and what you hope to achieve with it.
- Design a user-friendly conversational flow. The virtual agent should be able to understand and respond to user inquiries in a natural and intuitive way.
- Use data and analytics to optimise the virtual agent’s performance. By analysing data on user interactions with the virtual agent, you can identify areas for improvement and make adjustments to the virtual agent’s design and functionality.
- Continuously test and refine the virtual agent. It is important to regularly test the virtual agent and gather feedback from users to ensure it is meeting their needs and expectations.
- Provide training and support for the virtual agent. It is important to ensure that users have the resources they need to effectively use the tool, including training materials & support resources.
Want to know more? Reach out and we will be happy to help you.
Webinar | 14th March 2023, 2:00 PM CET
ServiceNow ITSM Pro: Virtual Agent – the Asahi experience
Learn how Asahi utilized the Virtual Agent and get valuable insights on how to improve your support experience and increase the flexibility & productivity of your employees.